Updated 26 August 2013Zopim respects and takes your privacy very seriously. This Policy applies to all products and services offered by Zopim, its subsidiaries or its affiliated companies. If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website or email us at email@example.com.
1. Information we collect and how we use it
- Information you provide - As an end user, we generally do not require you to provide any information. However, you may still supply us with information such as email or webpage addresses. Additionally, if you register for an account with us, we may ask you for personal information such as email, name, contact details, account password, instant messaging ID and/or credit card information. Credit / payment card data provided by the user are disclosed solely to professional companies that conduct non-cash transactions and only to the extent necessary to effect the payments. Except for the abovementioned situations Zopim shall not disclose any information or personal data provided by users.
- Cookies - Zopim uses "cookies" and "Flash cookies", common known as Adobe Flash Local Shared Object (LSO) to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our products and services that depend on cookies.
- "Flash cookies" or LSOs may be accessed and deleted through the Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager.
"Live Chat Cookies"
__zlcid Stores the Zopim Live Chat ID used to identify the device across visits, and also across a single chat session.
__zprivacy Stores the user's preference to disable Live Chat, and cease using cookies. This is stored across visits.
- Log information - When you use Zopim services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications - When you send email or other communication to Zopim, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
2. Information Sharing
- Zopim processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America.
- Zopim only shares personal information on our server with other companies or individuals outside of Zopim in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or;
- protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Zopim, its users or the public as required or permitted by law; and we undertake to inform you of such disclosures at least 48 hours before hand, or as early as possible in accordance with governing laws.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
3. Data Integrity
Zopim processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
4. Changes To This Policy